Friday, November 23, 2007

DANSBY FAMILY

This started with me reading all my grandchildrens Blogs each night before I went to bed. Little did I realize the power that this Blog create's.
So here is the start of our familes journal, Nov. 23 2007.
I will be doing all the writing as my husband Paul is not a computer person, but is interesting to write about, at least to me. We, that's me, MaryAnn (named after 2 grandma's ), and Paul have been married for almost 25 years, It was a third marriage for both of us and we were married Apr. 16 1983, in Los Vegas, Nev. He proposed to me by saying he did'nt love me, but that he needed me, and I needed him. I knew right then I wanted to marry him, for his honesty,and I felt very comfortable as we had been brother and sister in law's for over 15 years, I thought I knew him well. Well 24 plus years later I am still getting to know him. Just when I think I have him all figured out he up's and changes on me. But! I still made the right decision by saying YES to his crazy proposal. Actually, it was the best decision I have ever made!!!!
We have 3 sons between us, mine \, Mike and Dennis Fitzgerald, from a first marriage of 10 years to Daniel Fitzgerald, now deceased. Paul's son is also Paul, so we call him little Paul, although he is at least 6 ft. tall, and his dad is 5'8" and shrinking. Oh he will kill me for that.
Mike has been married to Tamasine for a long time, I should know, I was young when they got married and I'm old now! We call her Tammy, and she is the proud mom to 4 almost grown children, Nichole, Amber, Scott, and Kory. None of them have middle names because MIke refused to give them to them because whenever I would get mad at him as a child I would call him by his full name, Michael Patrick Fitzgerald. He say's he hated that.
Mike and Tammy live about 6 blocks from us and that's nice. I love my daughter in Love, she is an angel and did a real nice job of raising their children, Kory's still home at 17 and he is great at sports, especially Hocky. He is an Uncle to 4 children who I will name as I get to each of their parent's. Is he a great uncle?? YES, his nieces and nephews love him very much.


6 comments:

Amber Waite said...

Grandma, I love that you have a blog now! I enjoy hearing about all your interesting stories and can't wait to read more of them. I love you:) ~Your favorite granddaughter

Mansius Family said...

I'm so excited! I've been trying to get you to write down some of these stories. It just took some inspiration from the internet to get you going. Don't be surprised if I sent you questions about stories I would like to hear about. This was a great post I love hearing all your stories. Keep up the great posts!! Can't wait for the next one. I LOVE YOU!!!
--Your other favorite granddaughter

Lindsey said...

Hey...you also have another son named Dennis who has 2 girls....one is ME!
Love you gramma!
Your 3rd favorite granddaughter,
Lindsey

I don't think sooooo said...

SORRY

To be continued..........

I don't think sooooo said...

To be continued.......

Sorry Grandma ran out of hours of her free netzero. Only get 10 hours free per month. Were working on getting an upgrade hopefully soon.

Story will continue with her next Son and family. (Beatiful wife and 2 VERY beatiful daughters and 1 adorable Grandbaby.) CONT...
when she returns from Hawii. (hard life)

Amber Waite said...

Hey Grandma, I hope your enjoying your new Internet connection and all our new posts. I can't wait to hear more about your life and family. Thanks by the way for offering to teach me how to cook. You're an amazing cook! I can't wait until I can get some of your recipes (also something you can blog about). Next time we all get together I'll come early and you can give me my first Cooking with Grandma 101 lesson. Love you.
Your favorite,
(for realz you guys she told me so)
~Amber